Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm So Excited, And I Just Can't Hide It

First. Transformers. 2.
Yes it made $200 million this past weekend, but didn't deserve not one single cent. I think the dogs would be better of at the pound then on a Michael Bay set. There are many things wrong with this film: editing, dialogue, continuity errors everywhere, but what is probably the worst is the absence of imagination. Nothing about this film is special in any way, no creativity, no spirit or soul, and what I mean by that is the filmaker's enthusiasm in making this film.
What does that say to the future filmmaker and even to the future moviegoer? I'm not sure I have that answer. Don't get me wrong, I love action films - I'd take any old broken down piece of meat from the 80s over this film today. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, however, isn't worth your time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree wholeheartedly. Also, the intense minibot leg humping was so uneccessary. Didn't think Bay could objectify women any more than he already has! I did, however, quite enjoy the crazy Davey Jones Deceptacon turned Autobot.

    ReplyDelete